Here are some items to think about when planning a trip
1 week before
- Confirm that the event has not been cancelled. Cancellations are published on XT as well as on this parkrun site.
- Reach out to the ED/RD and tell them you will be coming through. They will be very glad to meet you.
- Check in with the ED/RD on
- Road conditiions and ideal route to get to the venue
- Recommendations on things to do and places to eat
- Start time, and venue
- A contact number of someone in the area in case of emergency (Please don't expect the RD to hold the race if you are running late!)
- Your ETA and whether you can assist in anyway with the run (even without the volunteer credit)
- Facilities at the venue
- Check weather reports and plan for event cancellation (mostly due to lightening)
- Check the event website to confirm start time and that the event has not been cancelled
- Pack your barcode
- Pack all-weather running gear
- Confirm your travel time. Tools such as Google maps have been found to be very accurate